What has Toyota been up to lately? Well, the new 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in vehicle is very cool, to say the least. At Toy Car Care in Centennial, we’re stoked about this new car and all the innovative ideas that Toyota has put into designing it. This car is the most efficient in America to date, with an EPA estimated 133 MPGs. It is efficient, lightweight, and advanced in almost every way possible.
Let’s break it down, and tell you what is available for your driving pleasure. The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in Vehicle comes in 3 different models:
1. PLUS: starts at $27,100
- Quad LED projector headlights for great visibility
- Carbon fiber reinforced polymer rear hatch
- Remote A/C System
- Smart Key System drivers side
- Push button start
- Toyota safety sense
2. PREMIUM: starts at $28,800
- Adds to or replaces features offered on Plus
- 11.6 in. HD multimedia display
- SofTex® trimmed heated front seats
- Qi compatible wireless smartphone charging
- Smart charging cable lock
3. ADVANCED: starts at $33,100
- Adds to or replaces features offered on Premium
- Color Head-Up Display
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar and Intelligent Parking Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor 6 and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Integrated LED fog lights and LED accent lights
So, there are your choices! Now, you can see what you can afford and what options you love. Of course, let’s not forget about the colors you get to choose from to personalize your Prius. The following colors will surely bring out your unique driving personality, as well as demand attention when you’re out on the road in your cool new Prius:
- Magnetic Grey Metallic
- Titanium Glow
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Blizzard Pearl
- Hypersonic Red
- Blue Magnetism
Let’s take an in-depth look at some of the features that the new 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in vehicle has. We’re confident you will be impressed with this innovative car.
- Aerodynamic sleek lines and lightweight material that allows you to maneuver swiftly
- Front grille shutter that closes at high speeds for aerodynamics
- Underbody covers
- Optimized component placement opens up the rear cargo space
- Side body fins cut through the air
- Dual wave rear glass design makes it sleek and efficient
- Quad LED projected headlights, fog lights and accent lights that are bright and efficient and consume less energy
- Carbon fiber reinforced polymer rear hatch for the utmost in aerodynamics and space
- 11.6 inch HD multimedia display gives a smart phone like experience with swipe, tap and pinch features
- Beautiful interior with body molding comfort for the ultimate driving experience
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seats with 19.8 cubic feet of space and versatility for all your storage needs
- Heated front seats and an option for heated steering wheel keep you warm and toasty
- Color Head-Up display gives information about your drive directly in front of you on the windshield
- 4.2-inch multi-information display with mounted controls on the steering wheel to track fuel economy, energy use and more
- Toyota’s first dual motor drive system using both motors to propel it while offering a boost in acceleration and efficiency
- Double wishbone rear suspension for a smooth ride, tight corner hugging, and better suspension
- A solid chassis offers torsional rigidity from laser screw welding, high-strength steel, and structures for a stable ride
- Lower center of gravity for a well-balanced and agile vehicle, as well as driving comfort
- Simple home charging with a regular outlet and included plug – “full” in 5 1/2 hours
- Charging schedule option available to save money
- No anxiety with a low battery and a full tank of gas because of its gas hybrid engine
- Public Charge point stations allow you to plug-in, while out and about, search for stations, using your multimedia display
- Smart charging cable lock allows you assurance and no interruptions while publicly charging, which unlocks with your smart key
- Scheduled charge app allows automatic charging, so you don’t have to worry
- Charge point stations are free to use, and Toyota offers free charging as well
- Control the climate inside your car with one touch of your smartphone or Prime apps (Safety Connect) and (Entune App Suite)
- Prius Prime Apps give you accessibility from your smartphone – schedule a charge, adjust climate, locate your vehicle and more
- Clearance sonar with parking assist practically parks the car for you with “eyes and ears” of its own and “control”
- Qi compatible wireless charging lets you charge your devices without messy cords in the way
- Toyota Safety Sense (TSS-P) is a safety package built in to help keep you safe and will detect any problems and assist when needed
- Pre-Collision System and Pedestrian Detection are used to detect pedestrians or collisions using radar and cameras capable of shape recognition – if you don’t react, automatic braking engages
- Full Speed Range Dynamic Cruise Control will detect the speed of the car ahead of you and adjust automatically
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist warns when you are veering out of a lane and will compensate gently
- Automatic High Beam system detects vehicles as far as 2000 feet and will automatically adjust
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert sends a warning signal and flashing side mirror light to warn you of a vehicle approaching
- Blind Spot Monitor gets your attention quickly by flashing light in the side view mirror
- Back up camera allows for precise parking and guidance
- Safety Connect allows you 24/7 help in emergency situations
- Star Safety System includes stability control, traction control, anti-lock brake system, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist, smart stop technology
- Toyota Care is Toyotas way of saying thank you, by providing a proper vehicle maintenance plan free of charge for 2 years or 25,000 miles when you purchase or lease the Toyota Prius Prime
EVEN MORE EFFICIENCY
- EPA estimated total driving range of 640 miles
- Predictive Efficient Drive will help boost fuel efficiency by predicting and learning your routine stopping patterns and assisting
- Automatic driving mode controls let you choose either highway driving efficiency, combining gas and power from the battery if needed
So, Why Choose a Hybrid?
Now that we’ve got you excited about the Prius, let’s talk about hybrids in general and why they’re in such high demand. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, plug-in hybrids can save over 5,000 lbs. of CO2 equivalent per year compared to gas powered vehicles. This is quite appealing to drivers who are concerned about the earth’s future. There is a lot of data out there if you wish to do some homework on the subject. For example, the EPA has a plug-in hybrid comparison calculator that is very useful when trying to choose your model, and the PHEV operational cost calculator is a great place to see just how much your annual fuel costs are.
Now, assuming your daily commute stays mostly in the e-zone, plug-in hybrids operate like part-time electric cars for the most part.
Electric operation produces zero emissions, and conventional hybrids are rarely zero emission vehicles. The small batteries may allow a mile or more at lower speeds of a pure electric drive, but they often run with intermittent EV mode working with the gas engine. About 75 percent of Americans drive within an e-range state so that it may run as a pure EV the majority of the time.
Plug-in hybrids do not have tailpipe emissions when running on electric, but plug-in hybrids have to be recharged, and electricity can be generated by a lot of different sources. A plug-in running on power collected from a hydroelectric plant has a smaller footprint as one energized up by power generated from a coal plant.
So, there you have it! Toyota has outdone themselves with this superbly energy efficient car for 2017. Toy Car Care is looking forward to getting to know it better. Our technicians are constantly trained and updated on all the latest Toyota trends and vehicles to ensure that our clients are receiving the optimal customer service they deserve in an automotive center.
Our prices are fair and competitive, and we offer large, clean bays when working or maintaining your vehicles. Being the specialist in Toyota vehicles puts us ahead of the competition, and that makes us stand out every time.
There are so many other benefits and incentives involved when you purchase the new 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in vehicle. For example, did you know that you can receive up to $4500 in federal tax credit, a $100 Charge Point credit, and depending on where you live, even more benefits? When you commute with Prius Prime vehicles, you simply get a ton of built-in savings, and Toy Car Care is just as excited to help out in that equation by providing exceptional prices on maintenance for your new hybrid Toyota Prius Prime, no matter what model you purchase.
So, which Prius will you consider for purchase? Well, you’ve read the facts above, so the best course of action might be to compare the models side by side to see which appeals most to you. Perhaps, you won’t need some of the bells and whistles that go along with the advanced or premium models.
Toy Car Care knows the demands of our customers. This new 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-in vehicle is something to be excited about. We can’t wait to see what our customers think of this new technology and are looking forward to much more innovation from Toyota in the coming years.