It is not surprising to most, or us here at Toy Car Care that Toyota was named Best Brand in Kelley Blue Book’s 2017 Best Resale Value Awards. Toyota has always been one of the front runners when it comes to car manufacturers, and they always provide their customers with innovative, safe, and reliable vehicles from every price point and for every style of driver. Let’s see what made Toyota stand out in this prestigious category.
Toyota is doing everything right and continues to hold its title for Best Brand and Best Resale Value Award because, well, frankly they just make good cars that don’t lose their value. This appeals to many car buyers out there, because no one wants their hard-earned money in a vehicle purchase to depreciate. These vehicles are safe, reliable and packed with style inside and out. Let’s see the 2017 models of Toyotas that came out on top.
Crossovers & SUVs
Sedans & Coupes
Hybrids & Plug-In Cars
Prius c / v / Prime
Tacoma Double Cab
Tundra Double Cab
Quite impressive indeed, and even though the average new vehicle will be worth about 33% of its original sticker price after 60 months, these vehicles will return an average of 50% to their owners’ bank account, that’s not bad! For a $30,000 vehicle, that’s a difference of $5,000 over a 5-year buy/own/sell ownership cycle. So, you see, it’s good to choose a car with good resale value so you can pocket more of your money in the long run, forgetting about rebates and incentives!
Here is how Kelley Blue Book comes up with their basis. It is the projected retained value through the initial five-year ownership period. Winners promise to hold more value than their competitors after five years of ownership, reducing their overall ownership costs. The resale value predictions consider current vehicle data, sales data, market conditions for each vehicle, competition within vehicle class, prospects of the future economy and the combined experiences of Kelley Blue Book’s team of pricing and market analysis. Toyota took that spot as the overall winner of the 2017 Best Resale Value Brand Award.
WHO IS KELLEY BLUE BOOK? If you happen to be searching for any used car pricing information, then you’ll want to use the most trusted reference in the car business: Kelley Blue Book. It is the vehicle information resource used by consumers and the automobile industry to establish price guidelines. Since 1926, new and used car buyers and sellers have trusted in Kelley Blue Book for authoritative and unbiased information to make accurate and informed purchases of cars and trucks and SUV’s. Kelley Blue Book reports used car values for many different buying and selling transactions: trading in your automobile at the dealer, buying a used car from a dealer, buying a used car from a private party and selling your used car to a private party.
WHY DO PEOPLE RESPECT KELLEY BLUE BOOK OPINIONS AND AWARDS? When it comes to acquiring a new car, many people don’t have a clue where to start. Kelley Blue Book gives a good guideline to follow with honest opinions on all makes and models of vehicles, so your decision is an easier one…let’s just say, they do the homework for you. Most people should follow 10 simple steps when buying a car:
- Know your shopping style
- Keep your shopping list small, even if that means eliminating certain brands
- Be realistic about what you can afford
- Research online or wherever you can
- Understand when the price is fair
- Get financing, insurance, and warranties in place
- Trade or sell your current vehicle
- Take into consideration your buying options
- Should you lease or buy?
- Take a test drive
The top cars that hold the best resale value would be: weighing in at número Uno is….but really, in no particular order.
1. Toyota Tacoma: Toyota Tacoma is the actual resale value king of the moment, and both Kelley Blue Book and NADA consistently rate it as one of the top three vehicles for resale of any vehicle type in its class. In fact, you may be surprised to know that the Toyota Tacoma midsize truck has a predicted resale value of 73% of its original sticker price after 36 months and almost 62% at five years, per Kelley Blue Book. NADA ranks it as the number one vehicle for resale overall. In 2015, the Tacoma beat the number two rated vehicle, Jeep Wrangler, by 5% after three years and 1.5% after five years.
2. Jeep Wrangler: retains 68% of its value after 36 months and 55% after 5 years of ownership which makes it one of the top ten vehicles for value.
3. Subaru WRX: Retaining more than 65% of its value after three years and almost 51% of its value after five years. The WRX retains its value better than any other compact sports car on the market.
4. Toyota Avalon: Retaining 46% of its value after 3 years and more than 32% of its value after 5 years. The Avalon has been awarded the 2015 SmartChoice Fuel Costs Winner, the 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick, and it has an NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating.
5. Toyota Tundra CrewMax: this sleek baby retains an impressive 64% of its value after three years and almost 54% of its value after five years.
By checking out Kelley Blue Book website, you will most definitely save yourself a lot of time and effort in locating the best vehicle for you and your budget. The book online site has many valuable information sections from buying new or used and everything in between. It should be your first stop when looking for the best. Toy Car Care has always been proud of the vehicles they service and take extreme pride in being a part of Toyotas world. When Toyota is named Best Brand in Kelley Blue Book’s 2017 Best Resale Value Awards, we like to take notice of that. Way to go Toyota! This is definitely something worth bragging about!